The word jewelry is an anglicized form of the Latin word, jocale which means plaything history says that about 40,000 years back, the first jewelry was worn by the Cro-Magnons, ancestors of Homo sapiens. Their jewelry included crude necklaces and bracelets made of bone, teeth and stone stitched to animal sinew.

What does 925 mean on gold color jewelry made in Italy?

The “925 Italy” is the marking for the metal the piece is made from, along with the country of origin, I.e.; where the piece was made. The 925 is the standard for sterling silver and means that 92.5% of the metal used to make the necklace is pure silver (the remaining 7.5% being copper it is there as a hardener).

What is Celtic Jewellery made out of?

While iron was used for tools, jewelry and other pieces were made from the more impressive and long-lasting bronze and gold. One example of a masterful piece of Celtic jewelry from Ireland is the Broighter Collar.

Is sterling silver real jewelry?

Pure Silver is not magnetic, so if your jewelry piece is drawn to the magnet, it is not real 92. 5 sterling silver or more. Chances are that the alloy your jewelry piece was made has a different composition percentage.

Leave a Reply